Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year and all that...

...and my resolution for the year is to give my life a complete bloody makeover that's been long overdue. For one, absolutely no lite-beers, even if the social occasion demands it. It's gonna be a Guinness, Heineken, *weisen, Dunkel etc. or it's gonna be a glass of water. Well, tonic water. With maybe a dash of something nice. Absolutely non-negotiable. And for another, I've made some decisions about the women that I date. Not that you folks are ever going to know about it, but it's a nice thing to mention women in new year resolutions because I like mentioning women for no apparent reason. And because I'm like that. And then, I'm going to sleep more. Ten hours is just not enough for a man. I think 12 would do, but let's see, I might be a little generous to myself about this. I mean, I do like myself, you know? I'm also really really going to travel more and do more stupid things. Good lord, the last time I climbed a mountain that was more than 14,000 feet, got stranded, got attacked by a wild animal, drowned or generally had a near-death experience was 16 months ago. My life has simply gotten boring. And I need to play more live music. These days, my band hardly ever gets to perform much. I need to find new players and make some more cool music. I like making music, much more than I like my beer. Actually, much more than I like my beer when I don't like my beer, if that made any sense. Anyway, never mind, the point is that I'm missing my groupies. Finally, I really really need to find myself an eligible bride. Folks, I'm not even joking about this one. I'm getting old and I just realized that it's about bloody time that I settled down in life. So, I'm going to start looking out for potential brides. So if you people know any fantastic women around, hit me up. If anything else comes to my mind, I'll let you folks know. And oh, Happy New Year, Feliz Año Nuevo and all that.