Sunday, November 20, 2005

Take me to Portugal,
Take me to Spain...

Spanish Caravan Carry me caravan take me away Take me to Portugal, take me to Spain Andalusia with fields full of grain I have to see you again and again Take me, Spanish Caravan Yes, I know you can Trade winds find galleons lost in the sea I know where treasure is waiting for me Silver and gold in the mountains of Spain I have to see you again and again Take me, Spanish Caravan Yes, I know you can ~The Doors (Waiting for the Sun)
I've been a fan of The Doors for as long as I can remember - but this is one of the few relatively not-so-famous songs that shows the sheer talent of what they could produce. This is the only song I know that has some very nicely done Spanish guitar that actually sounds melodious and happy, yet has the uniquely stereotypical Doors feel. Mojo Risin', baby! (yes, I know that there is no point to this post except maybe being a fan-boy post to The Lizard King)