Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I am not afraid. O Princess Barbara...

This is a bright place, filled with frightened people, and fast hard things that hurt and wound. No matter. I swore I would remain by her side forever, and until death divided us. I must walk until once more we are reunited. Martin Tenbones, lost in New York, in SANDMAN #32: "Slaughter on Fifth Avenue" I am not afraid. O Princess Barbara, protect me now as I have protected you in days long past. O Murphy watch over me. I will not be afraid. Martin Tenbones, lost in New York, in SANDMAN #32:"Slaughter on Fifth Avenue" There are two ways into another's dreams. We can go through the dream king; or we can go by the moon's road. But the dream king has little time for you women, and even less for my kind; while the moon is ever ours. It's time to draw down the moon. Thessaly, in SANDMAN #34: "Bad Moon Rising" Where others ask timorously, Thessalian, your kind commanded, directed, ordered. It galled us. But the others are dust now, and less than dust. And one day you, in your turn, will join them. And then our compact will be over, and you will be ours, as they are. The moon, in SANDMAN #34: "Bad Moon Rising" I was one of seventeen children. We were all named Wilkinson -- I suppose it was roughest on the girls, but we all got used to it in the end. I blame the parents, really. ... It was just when they found a name they liked, they stuck with it. Wilkinson, in SANDMAN #35: "Beginning to See the Light"