Sunday, July 31, 2005

Curiouser and Curiouser

Friday 29th July, 2005 12:19 PM - Jacob and I hit Don Pablo's to meet Andrea and Melissa. 3:34 PM - Lunch was umm, great! The company greater! The girls rock. Yay. 6:02 PM - Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take. 10:14 PM - Monty's is a hit. Two deals in two days. w00t! Brewing high, baby. 11:22 PM - Matt shows up. We all head out to The Woods, which is such a redneck bar that we get out in all of 20.11 seconds. There's no way these guys want to do business with us. 11:41 PM - We head out to the UC Campus and land in the Holy Grail. Unfortunately, they're too big and too sophisticated for our liking. 12:37 AM - Matt is getting shipped off the Rickenbacker Air Force base to Italy next week. "I'm gonna be on the jet, if the jet falls down, I fix it. If it does not, I party. I hope I party." Lucky SOB! 1:03 AM - We end up in Papa Dino's to have a bite. Nice place, perky waitress. She was too bubbly for Matt, but I thought she was kinda funny. 1:48 AM - We contemplate hitting The Mad Frog, but too little time (bars close at 2 AM). So, we head out back home. Saturday 30th July, 2005 No deals for the day. Jacob and I met up with Erica and her friends at Hofbrauhaus. Steve (who's also from the Rickenbacker base) and Matt turned up there. Steve had a huge woman who'd have quite literally crushed him hitting on him. She even stood up on the table and started dancing while Steve was praying out loud to all the Gods that he knew. Having a drunk woman four times your size dancing on the table right next to you isn't a pleasant thought. And no amount of beer is going to fix that. On the bright side, the band played a live recital of the Piano Man. And the waitress is practicing politics As the businessmen slowly get stoned Yes, they’re sharing a drink they call loneliness But it’s better than drinkin’ alone. Sing us a song, you’re the piano man Sing us a song tonight Well, we’re all in the mood for a melody And you’ve got us feelin’ alright.