Sunday, June 19, 2005

Serenity

Serenity This is old, but I'm just very excited about 's upcoming movie, . It's really unfortunate that they stopped an excellent show like Firefly, but at the very least, I'm happy that they're making a movie out of it. And ofcourse, I really need to be thanking Lorenzo for gifting me the entire DVD collection for my birthday this year!

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. Take me out, to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place, I can be, since I found Serenity. You can't take the sky from me....
And besides, it shows River kicking ass - have I ever told you that I think River is one of the best sci-fi characters ever created?. While her character is not particularly unusual or new, it is refreshing to see such a character with an awesome sense of humour.
[it's worse than you know - it usually is]
And talking of which, that show had some of the best lines I've ever heard...
... ... ... ... Jayne: Are you saying River's a witch? Wash: Yes, Jayne, she's a witch. She's had congress with the Beast. Jayne: She's in Congress? Wash: How did your brain even learn human speech? ... ... ... ... Early: You're all insane. Simon: My sister's a ship. We had a fairly complicated childhood. ... ... ... ... Mal: You know, you ain't quite right. River: It's a popular theory. ... ... ... ... Simon: You're out of your mind. Early: That's between me and my mind. ... ... ... ... Early: Where did River go? Simon: I can't keep track of her when she's not incorporeally possessing a spaceship - don't look at me. ... ... ... ... Zoe: Oh yeah, this is gonna go great. Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just, you know... shoot 'em. Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely ... ... ... ... Mal: I believe that woman's planning to shoot me again. ... ... ... ... Simon: You know, I've saved lives. Dozens. Maybe hundreds. I reattached a girl's leg. Her whole leg. She named her hamster after me. I got a hamster. He drops a box of money, he gets a town. ... ... ... ... Jayne: No. I would never do that, my hand to god, may he strike me down as I'm standing here. Mal: Well, you won't be standing there long. ... ... ... ... Mal: One of you is gonna fall and die, and I'm not cleaning it up! ... ... ... ... Kaylee: Oh, gosh, I... I-I knew she took females as clients... I just... They look so glamorous together. Jayne: I'll be in my bunk. ... ... ... ... Zoe: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing? Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps. ... ... ... ... Zoe: Take me, sir. Take me hard. Jayne: Now somethin' about that is just downright unsettling. ... ... ... ... Jayne: Well... I don't like the idea of someone hearin' what I'm thinkin'. Inara: No one likes the idea of hearing what you're thinking. ... ... ... ...