Monday, January 24, 2005

Stopover in London, New Semester, India trip & Babylon 5

Well, I'm back in good ole' Atlanta. And winter has been particularly bad this year, or so it seems. Or maybe I'm just home-sick, who knows =) Stopover in London On the way here, I had a brief stopover at London. I met up with the Highbrew crew in London, particularly Parthy and Gana. We had an ephemeral albeit productive meeting. We've also gotten spanking new visiting cards and letterheads printed in India. And in other news, we're working up a services team with core-competence in Documentum, with Ganesh at the lead. Ganesh is also training a group to write a demo implementation of Documentum that we can showcase to folks. Things (and the market) is looking up for Highbrew! Yay, folks! New Semester Well, yet another semester has started. This Spring, I'm taking a few interesting classes. Of particular mention is the class on Intellectual Property Policy & Law taught by Professor TyAnna Herrington. What do I say? The class simply rocks! Another cool class that I'm taking up is the Design of Online Communities, taught by none other than Professor Amy Bruckman. Uniquely educational is the way I'd choose to put it :-) On the other hand, my AI thesis is coming along quite nicely. I'm working alongside another graduate student, Sooraj Bhat, on designing Intelligent Agents and implementing Reinforcement Learning in ABL (which is a language created by Professor Michael Mateas for scripting behavioural agents). It's been a fun ride, but I'll most certainly not want a day job as a compiler :-| India Trip I'd gone with hopes and aspirations, I returned fallen with shattered memories and dreams and went back knowing I had a family. I had a wonderful time and have so much more to write, but that will have to wait for a while until my workload comes down! I also happened to meet up with Cray3 and her s.o. We had a great time (and I owe them a pizza) ;-) For now, here's a pic of me and my excellent friend Soumya in good old Chennai.

Babylon 5 I've been watching Babylon 5 lately and I find it to be an odd but interesting show. My most favourite character is undoubtedly Ivanova.And here're a couple of funnies, for your pleasure.
Doctor: "You are a pessimist" Ivanova: "I'm Russian, Doctor." Ivanova: "I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference" Ivanova: "I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
That's all, frequent updates will come, I promise. =)